SO YOU WANT TO GET BAPTIZED?
Congratulations! If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. Your baptism is a key opportunity to show others that you have accepted Christ and have a relationship with him.
There are two reasons you should be baptized:
In Matthew 28:19, Jesus instructed us to be baptized as an act of obedience. Jesus himself was baptized! We want to follow his example and honor his guidance. While baptism is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God.
Just as a name tag lets everyone know your name, baptism identifies you as a Christian. It’s a public way to celebrate that your sins have been cleansed and to announce you are in a relationship with Christ.
Learn about our baptism and how to start the conversation.
Parents,First, we want to celebrate your student’s choice to accept Christ as personal Savior. That is awesome! Part of the joy of receiving Christ is being eager to share the news. We are honored and thrilled to walk alongside your family during this next step of baptism.Here are the steps to take:
1. Notify your student’s Life Group leader so they can celebrate with your student!2. Schedule a time for one of our team members to discuss baptism with your student.
3. If baptism is determined to be your student’s next step, your student’s testimonial video shoot will be scheduled. Each video is simply a way to express a personal story of salvation. This has proven to be a great way to share without the pressure of speaking live, and it gives inspiration and encouragement to all who see it. You will be notified by email of the scheduled date and time.4. After filming the baptism video, baptism will be scheduled. Friends and family are welcome—and encouraged—to attend baptisms. Each one is cause to celebrate!2. You and your student will be fully informed about when the baptism will take place and how the day will unfold. Congratulations. We’re excited to be part of this special time in your student’s life!
If you’ve already decided you want to be baptized, you can find out how to prepare your testimony for your video
An exciting step after choosing to accept and follow Christ is getting baptized and sharing your personal story! Prior to your baptism day, we will film a video that lets you tell about accepting Jesus and share why you want to be baptized. Don’t feel anxious, because it’s really not intimidating. Don’t worry about “messing up.” You will be given all the time you need to say what you want—and, yes, you can write it down and practice ahead of time to get it just right.
When you sit down to record your video, you’ll want to be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- Your story about when you accepted Jesus as your Savior
- Why you want to be baptized
- Other things you can share are:
- A favorite Bible verse or Bible story that impacted you
- Thanks to family, small group leaders, friends, etc.
We are excited to celebrate this important day with you!
If you have any questions, send us an email. We want to make sure you feel entirely comfortable as you film your video and celebrate baptism with your family and friends. Once again, congratulations. Now let’s get ready to celebrate!
There are a few things to remember for your baptism day. Look here for instructions and a checklist.
Here is a short list of things to remember for your special day.
Things to Pack:
- Plain dark shirt and shorts
- A change of undergarments
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Check-in begins 30 minutes prior to the service. Parents and guest should check in at the Welcome Center.
- Feel free to invite as many friends and family members as you wish.
- DVDs of the service will be available three to five weeks after the service. Once available, a copy will be given to your student during small group. If you do not receive a copy, please contact us.
The service schedule includes worship, baptism, a message, and a brief celebration. We’re looking forward to it!